Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am withdrawn from my course but intend to return; can I submit an application before I resume?

You can submit your application before you return to the course. Payments will not be released until you have resumed onto your course and we receive and process notification of your attendance from your university once you have resumed.

If you submit an application before resuming, please send all evidence requested. Once the documents are scanned your account will change to active, however may then revert back to pending if we have not yet received and processed confirmation of your resumption. Your application will be assessed once we have processed this confirmation.

If you have withdrawn from your studies and are due to resume on or after the 1st August 2017, in a cohort which started before the 1st August 2017, you may still be eligible for NHS bursary funding subject to authorisation from your Health Education England (HEE) Local Office. You should reapply using the same BOSS account you initially set up and will be contacted regarding the funding decision.

Due to the Health Education Funding reforms, if you resume to a course on or after 1 August 2017, joining a cohort that started on or after the 1st August 2017, any commitment to a bursary package can only be made by Health Education England (HEE). You should not reapply but should contact your university to discuss your circumstances and they will liaise with their local office to establish whether bursary funding applies.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer