Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document When I resume back on my course, how is my bursary calculated?

We will require a new application and a Resumer Form (BUR101R) from your University.
Your award would begin on the actual date your course resumes so your first payment may be less than subsequent months.
If you resume half way through a calendar month you will only be paid half a month's bursary.

If you have withdrawn from your studies and are due to resume on or after the 1st August 2017, in a cohort which started before the 1st August 2017, you may still be eligible for NHS bursary funding subject to authorisation from your Health Education England (HEE) Local Office. You should reapply using the same BOSS account you initially set up and will be contacted regarding the funding decision.

Due to the Health Education Funding reforms, if you resume to a course on or after the 1st August 2017 in a cohort which started on or after the 1st August 2017 any commitment to a bursary package can only be made by Health Education England (HEE). You should not reapply but should contact your university to discuss your circumstances and they will liaise with their local office to establish whether bursary funding applies.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer