Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to prove earnings from salary or wages (employed earnings)?

Any of the following forms of evidence can be accepted to prove employed earnings:
  • P60
  • March payslip. This must be a week 52 or month 12 payslip showing tax year to date figures.
  • Letter on headed paper from employer providing full financial year details. This letter must include the same information as a P60 or payslip would provide
  • HMRC income confirmation. HMRC can be contacted by calling 0300 2003300. The HMRC income confirmation is not the same as a Tax Credit award. We cannot accept a Tax Credit award letter as proof of income.
  • PSM60 (confirmation of pay) - can be downloaded from our website
  • HMRC annual tax summary.
  • P45 (This will only be acceptable for earnings from that particular employment, any other taxable income will need separate evidence)
Click here to download a PSM60 form
Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.

A Tax Credit Summary / Award letter will not be accepted as proof of income.

What do I need to send with my supporting evidence?

When sending any evidence, correspondence or paper applications you must include the following:
  • Student coversheet - You can print your student coversheet from the "Documents" section of your BOSS account. This contains your unique barcode reference which enables us to locate your BOSS record and link your documents to it.
  • Self-addressed pre-paid return envelope – This enables us to return your evidence to you. We recommend you pay Signed For or Special Delivery postage on this envelope so that you can track the return of your documents.
When posting anything to us, please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and a self-addressed envelope (if you're sending evidence to us) will result in the assessment of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer