Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Do I need to resend my spouse / civil partner / partner or child’s identification (ID) if I’ve previously sent it to you?

ID, such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence, for your spouse / civil partner / partner or child is automatically requested every year that you claim Dependants Allowance. However, we only need to see this once so their ID does not need to be resent in the subsequent years of your course. Just send a covering letter to us explaining you've already provided it.
If you are restarting your course from year 1 or starting a new NHS funded course and are applying for Dependants Allowance again, their ID is only required again if the initially sent documents have since expired or you are applying via a different BOSS account.

What do I need to send with my supporting evidence?

When sending any evidence, correspondence or paper applications you must include the following:
  • Student coversheet - You can print your student coversheet from the "Documents" section of your BOSS account. This contains your unique barcode reference which enables us to locate your BOSS record and link your documents to it.
  • Self-addressed pre-paid return envelope – This enables us to return your evidence to you. We recommend you pay Signed For or Special Delivery postage on this envelope so that you can track the return of your documents.
When posting anything to us, please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and self-addressed envelope (if evidence included) will result in the processing of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer