Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I send if I do not have a Child Benefit letter?

As HMRC do not send duplicate Child Benefit letters, the following evidence can be accepted instead:
  • Bank statements clearly showing that Child Benefit is in payment
  • Working Tax Credit letter confirming the 'child element' is payable
  • Child Tax Credit Letter (provisional version is acceptable)
If you are not in receipt of either Child Benefit or Child Tax Credits due to your household income being too high, you should send the letter which shows your entitlement has ceased. If you do not have this letter, you should instead send a covering letter explaining this.

What do I need to send with my supporting evidence?

When sending any evidence, correspondence or paper applications you must include the following:
  • Student coversheet - You can print your student coversheet from the "Documents" section of your BOSS account. This contains your unique barcode reference which enables us to locate your BOSS record and link your documents to it.
  • Self-addressed pre-paid return envelope – This enables us to return your evidence to you. We recommend you pay Signed For or Special Delivery postage on this envelope so that you can track the return of your documents.
When posting anything to us, please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and self-addressed envelope (if you're posting evidence to us) will result in the processing of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer