Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I opt out of the scheme and contributions are still taken, who will refund me?

If you opt out of the scheme before the end of the first pensionable pay period during which you were first included in the scheme, you are treated as having never been a member of the scheme and you will need to contact your employer to return contributions to you locally.

Please note: If you opted out after the first pay period, you will need to complete an RF12 application form to request a refund from NHS pensions.

refund, opt out
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer