Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I move from one NHS Pension Scheme to another (e.g. Scotland to England), which section of the scheme will I join?

If you move from one NHS Pension Scheme to another you will usually rejoin the corresponding scheme in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland.  This is dependent on the break between leaving the old scheme and joining the new scheme being less than five years.  If you were a previous member of the 1995 or 2008 Section your eligibility to rejoin will also depend on your age. 
More information can be found on our website by using the Scheme Identifier.
scotland, ireland, isle of man
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer