Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I am auto enrolled, how do I opt out?

To opt out of the scheme you must complete the Application to leave the NHS Pension Scheme (SD502). The form must be fully completed by you and your NHS employer. A request to opt out that is made by any other means e.g. letter, email or made verbally cannot be accepted. 
The form can be downloaded from our website.
If you are unable to download and print a copy of the form you can request one by calling the Member Helpline on 0300 330 1346.
Please note: under the auto-enrolment rules, employers are prevented from issuing pension scheme opt out forms directly to their employees, following their staging date.
For more information on Auto-Enrolment, see the FAQs available on our website.
auto enrol opt out, opt out auto enrolment, auto enrol, opt out
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer