Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document The National Insurance number you hold for me is incorrect, how do I correct this?

If you are currently paying into the NHS Pension Scheme then you should contact your employer to inform them, they will then update your record with the correct details.

If you are no longer paying into the NHS Pension Scheme or are already in receipt of your NHS Pension you should write in to us to confirm the correct National Insurance (NI) number, this should be done as soon as the issue is identified so this can be amended. You will need to provide documentary evidence of the correct NI number, which could be anything such as; a payslip, a P60, a Tax Return or a letter from HMRC confirming the correct NI number.

incorrect ni number, incorrect ni, incorrect ni no, ni no, ni, national insurance
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer