Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How can I obtain a duplicate birth, marriage, divorce or death certificate?

If you require a copy of a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate that has been registered in England or Wales, you can normally order a copy from the General Register Office via Her Majesty’s Passport Office.
Certificate Services Section
General Register Office
PO Box 2

Tel: 0300 123 1837

For recent events registered within the last six months (for marriages this period is extended to 18 months) applications for duplicate certificates should be made to the register office in the district where the birth, death, marriage or civil partnership took place.

If you require a copy of a decree absolute or dissolution of a civil partnership, you can normally contact the court in which the divorce or dissolution was granted.
If you don’t know which court to ask you can ask the Central Family Court to search for the decree absolute or dissolution order, the relevant forms can be found on the website.

Certificates, copy, copies, copy cert, cert, duplicate, duplicates, cert copy, certificates, copy certs, 

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer