Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Member has had a retrospective pay increase, how should this be recorded?

If a member has a retrospective increase in pensionable pay, then the increase should be shown in the year the pay was due and should not be recorded in the year the pay was received.
Please note, the contributions that are collected from the arrears should also be shown in the year that they were due and not the year they were collected.
To make an amendment to the pensionable pay / contributions already submitted an SD55E Amending Contributions and Pay must be completed.  If you are amending a members pensionable pay and they are in receipt of their NHS Pension you must submit an AW171.
retrospective pay increase, backdated pay increase, pay increase, pay rise

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer