Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How does an employer pay their pension contributions to NHS Pensions?

Our preferred method of payment is via BACS transfer, or similar method, from your bank account to the scheme account. Depending on which type of employer you are a remittance form RFT1 or GP1 will be completed.

The scheme account details can be found in the Payment of contributions by bank transfer or similar electronic transaction factsheet on the Payment of contributions and invoices section of our website.

If you have access to Pensions Online (POL), you can submit your remittance form via the E-forms section of POL.

If you have any queries regarding these payments please contact NHS Pensions Finance using one of the email addresses under the Pensions Finance contact details on our
website. There are different contacts for different Pensions Finance enquiries. Please ensure you check you are using the correct email address before submitting your query.

In 2019 we will be introducing a new digital service, Make Contribution Payments (MCP), to instruct the collection of employer and member contributions. We will be contacting employers with information about the new service, as well as keeping you updated on future progress via our employer’s newsletter. Further information is also available on the NHS Pensions Website.
pay contributions, submit contributions, monthly payments, RFT1, GP1

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer