Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Do I need to let NHS Pensions know if I legally form a civil partnership?

If you are an active or deferred member we will request this information on your retirement application form. However, if you contact your employer for an estimate of NHS pension benefits you should confirm your civil partnership status if you wish the estimate to include an adult dependant’s pension for a registered civil partner.

If you are a Scheme pensioner and have formed a registered civil partnership after claiming your NHS pension benefits please write to NHS Pensions to confirm this.  You should also enclose your original civil partnership certificate or a copy that has been certified by a Solicitor or a Commissioner of Oaths.

We will then write to you confirming the potential adult dependant’s pension due to your civil partner and notify our paying agents.

legal civil partnership

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer