Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I have an NHS Money Purchase AVC, can I transfer this elsewhere?

To discuss transferring your NHS Money Purchase (MP) AVC elsewhere, you should contact the AVC provider with whom you have the arrangement. NHS Pensions cannot advise on or arrange the transfers of MP AVCs.

It is sometimes possible to transfer an NHS MP AVC arrangement to either an existing Freestanding AVC or Stakeholder Pension, providing it has the relevant approval under the Finance Act 2004.

  • A Freestanding AVC means that it is independent of an employer so therefore contributions will not be deducted off the members wages.

  • A Personal Stakeholder Pension is a similar to a personal pension and normally offered when a company does not offer a occupational pension scheme.
money purchase avc, transfer avc, avc
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer