Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can a Salaried GP pay pension contributions on Community Service income?

No, Community Service Contractors typically gain access to the NHS Pension Scheme as a 'closed direction', therefore if a GP works for a Community Service Contractor under a fee-based arrangement they could not 'pension' these earnings.

The only scenario when a GP would be paying pension contributions for Community Service work is if they had been TUPE'd to a Community Service Contractor (which was a closed Direction), in which case the GP would cease to be a Type 2 Practitioner and instead become an Officer member.

Community Service income

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer