Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am a teacher at a boarding school, can I apply for an EHIC for my pupils?

You can apply on behalf of a child when the parent or guardian is unable to apply for them. The application must be registered at the boarding school and you would be considered the main applicant, with the child as your dependant.

You can apply by using one of the following methods:
  • Online
  • By telephone on 0300 330 1350if you are calling from the UK.
  • By telephone on 0044 191 279 0575 if you are calling from outside of the UK.
  • By post. You can find the application form on the NHS website. The completed form needs to be returned to us at:

    EHIC applications,
    Bridge House,
    152 Pilgrim Street,
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,
    NE1 6SN

If the parents of the child and the child are a non UK, EEA or Swiss national, an application would need to be made by post. A copy of the child's right to remain in the UK, for example, their VISA etc. must be included.
teacher, boarding, school, pupils, apply, EHIC

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer