Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I work in a residential care home, can I apply for an EHIC on behalf of a resident?

If the resident is able to, they should apply for the EHIC themselves. If they are unable to apply themselves, it is acceptable for the manager or carer to apply on the residents’ behalf.

If you are applying for more than one resident you must do a separate application for each resident.

You can apply by using one of the following methods:

  • Online
  • By telephone on 0300 330 1350 if you are calling from the UK.
  • By telephone on 0044 191 279 0575 if you are calling from outside of the UK.
  • By post. Please download the application form from NHS websiteThe completed form needs to be returned to us at:

    EHIC applications,
    Bridge House,
    152 Pilgrim Street,
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,
    NE1 6SN

residential, care home, care, home, apply, behalf, resident

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer