Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What do I pay if I have a valid HC2 / HC3 certificate and I've been given two optical vouchers at once?

After a sight test, if it's been determined that you need bifocal glasses, and you hold a valid HC2 certificate, you will have the choice of a voucher towards one pair of bifocal glasses or two single vision vouchers, to allow you to have a pair of reading glasses and a separate pair of distance glasses.

If you have a valid HC3 certificate where you need to pay a contribution, you would only pay the contribution figure once, regardless to whether you choose to have one of glasses or two (one reading, one distance).

If it's clinically necessary for you to have another sight test and different glasses at a later date, you would have to pay the contribution amount again if you hold a valid HC3 certificate.