Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I change a Foundation Dentists (FDs) status to a performer?

Dental Practice

You would need to contact your Commissioner (Area Team / Local Health Board) to request this. 


You can make the change to a performer status in Compass. This should only be done once their training has been completed.

A Foundation Dentist (FD) must complete their training year before they're added to a contract as a performer. Once the training year is complete, you can add an FD to any contract that they're working at in the same way you would add a new performer. The FD period would have an end date so the start date as a performer must be after the FD end date recorded.

attach performer, add performer, error, message, a valid performer number has not been selected

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer