Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to prove that I have been ordinarily resident in the UK?

If you are not in receipt of a student loan and we have asked you to show that you have been ordinarily resident in the UK prior to the start of your course, the evidence you provide should be a combination (where possible) of different types of documents and can include the following:
  • utility bills
  • Council Tax bills
  • tenancy agreements
  • Child Tax Credit / Child Benefit documentation (can be used if you were receiving the benefit for a dependant or if you were the dependant named on the letter)
  • child(ren)s UK birth certificates
  • payslips
  • P60s
  • letters from employers
  • letters from education institution
  • bank statements showing regular activity in UK, such as withdrawals and purchases
You should ideally send a combination of different documents from the above list. However, they should cover each of the relevant years prior to the first date of your course. For example, if your course starts 1 September 2017 and you have been asked to provide evidence you were ordinarily resident for the five years preceding the start of your course, you should send at least one document from each of the years 2012 (dated on or prior to 1 September 2012), 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 (dated prior to 1 September 2017).


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer