Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I claim Child Dependants Allowance for children who do not live with me?

If your child lives with an ex-partner/spouse you can apply for Child Dependants Allowance (CDA) if shared parental care applies.
You must have actual care of the child and parental responsibility on a regular basis, even if this is only weekly or fortnightly. You are not entitled to CDA solely on the basis that you are making maintenance payments.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Rate this answer