Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I apply for the Placement Travel Allowance (PTA)?

You should download and print the main undergraduate or postgraduate bursary application from your MyFunding account.

After this form has been completed, please send alongside any requested evidence to us at:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway


We’ll process the application within 20 working days of receiving the form and send you an email confirming the outcome.

You can also
monitor your MyFunding account for updates.

If you've been allocated a capped bursary place and are awarded a bursary, the Placement Travel Allowance (PTA) contribution amount will be included within your basic bursary.

You can't apply for an additional award of PTA.

If you've not been included in your university / college's allocation, you should still complete the main bursary application to allow us to assess your eligibility for PTA.

If you're a postgraduate course student you don't need to complete the sections to apply for the additional bursary elements (such as the maintenance grant) if you know you won't be allocated a place to be entitled to the PTA.

The application must be completed in each of your Social Work Bursary funded academic years.

See also...