Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to prove I'm single or have separated from my spouse / partner / civil partner?

Any of the following original evidence can be provided to prove that you're single:
  • A letter from a professional person who is able to independently verify your circumstances, such as a solicitor or GP. Any letter should ideally include the person's job title, their employer, their contact details, their relationship to you and be written on headed paper, if applicable.
  • A Tax Credit award notice showing you're assessed as a single person.
  • A Council Tax letter clearly showing you have a 'single occupancy' discount. ‘N’ band (‘Student discount’) does not proof single occupancy.
  • A Housing Benefit letter showing you're a single occupant.
  • Your Decree Absolute.
  • A legal separation document.

Failure to provide any of the relevant evidence may result in the assessment of your application being delayed.
separated, split, divorced
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?