Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What are the course related eligibility requirements?

All students, regardless of their nationality, must meet both the residency requirements and all the course related requirements. The course related requirements refer to a student’s course and the funding they receive.

To meet the course related requirements, you must:
  • Be entering or already studying on a social work course recognised by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), the Care council for Wales or the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC).
  • Not already hold a higher education social work qualification (including the Diploma in Social Work (DipSW) awarded by the HCPC, GSCC, the SSSC, the Care council for Wales, the NISCC or the Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work CCETSW.
  • Not already hold a qualification which enables you to practice Social Work in England.
  • Not be studying on an employment based or joint discipline course.
  • Be studying on a college based course and not receiving funding from a public funded body. Please note funding through Student Finance England (SFE), Access to Learning Fund, government benefit agencies and bursaries from your university / college are not counted as public funding.
  • Be studying on a college based course and not receiving any of the following support from a social care employer, including a Local Authority (LA):
  • Any paid time off to allow the you to attend studies
  • Payment of all or part of the tuition fees
  • Payment or other financial support from a practice learning provider for undertaking placement duties for them
  • Funds through the Department of Health and Social Care's (DHSC) Children's Workforce Development Council (CWDC)
  • Funds through the Department of Children, Schools and Families (via social work reform funds – for example, the CWDC graduate recruitment scheme)
  • A practice led programme designed for career changers
  • Any other form of support to assist them with their social work training

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?