Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Where can I obtain advice relating to my NHS Pension?

There are a number of options available to you when seeking advice relating to your NHS Pension.
Your Pension Officer may be able to help you with general queries and in most cases, it is possible to receive multiple estimates from your employer which would otherwise be chargeable by us.
Please contact your Payroll Department who will be able to provide contact details for the Pensions Officer.
Our Ask Us knowledge base is full of useful information which, in most cases should answer any general queries you have. Alternatively, our dedicated NHS Pension member helpline is available between 08:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday where we can assist you with your queries.
By law NHS Pensions and Pension Officers cannot provide financial advice to Scheme members. Therefore if you are in need of financial advice, you should seek independent financial advice, in which case we recommend searching for the best suitable Financial Advisor using the below websites:



This websites are run by The Personal Finance Society, the professional body for financial advisers. It provides access to appropriately qualified members who commit to the highest professional and ethical standards.

It is advisable to check that the company you have chosen is authorised with the:

Financial Conduct Authority
25 The North Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 5HS
Telephone: 0845 606 1234


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?