Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I request a transfer out if I am a Special Class or Mental Health Officer (MHO) member and I am over age 55?

If you are a Special Class or Mental Health Officer (MHO) member and you leave the Scheme prior to your Normal Pension Age (NPA) of 55, your benefits are deferred and you can request a transfer up to age 60. The exception being where you are made redundant before age 50 and you retain the right to still claim your deferred benefits at age 55.

However, if you satisfy the criteria for special class or MHO (five years Special Class, 20 years MHO), and you leave from age 55 a transfer is not possible as you are eligible for retirement benefits.
sc, mho, tv out, tv, out, nra, 55, 60, transfer out
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?