Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I have had a break in service, can I transfer benefits into the NHS Pension Scheme?

If you have had a break in membership and have not been in NHS employment, you can transfer in pension benefits that you have accrued during your break in membership. You must make this request within 12 months of rejoining the NHS Pension Scheme if you are in the 1995 Section and within 12 months of becoming eligible to rejoin the Scheme if you are in the 2008 Section or the 2015 Scheme.

You can find more information on transferring benefits into the Scheme on our website.

tv, break in service, transfer benefits
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?