Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document If I have a deferred pension but am over Normal Pension Age (NPA), will I be charged if I request a CETV for divorce purposes?

Yes, under these circumstances if you require a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV) for divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership purposes then a charge will apply.

A charge is applicable because you are technically entitled to claim your pension benefits, once you are over your Normal Pension Age (NPA). If you were in receipt of your pension benefits, you would also be expected to pay for a CETV.
Deferred, charge, cetv
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?