Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I have changed my mind about the amount of lump sum I require?

If you change your mind about the amount of lump sum that you have indicated on your application you may be able to amend this, but it would depend on the status of your award. In order to do this you must contact NHS Pensions to request a change to your lump sum within one month of receiving the award letter.

Consideration is given to extenuating circumstances where someone could not reasonably access their award letter within this one month period.

If it is before that date and you wish to amend your choice please contact our member helpline on 0300 330 1346 to discuss this further.

For further information on retirement lump sums please visit our website.

Change lump sum
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?