Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I pay into the NHS Pension Scheme if I am called up for the armed forces (MOD) as a Reservist?

Yes, the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and your NHS employer will liaise to organise the payment of your pension contributions to our scheme. The amount of contributions that you will pay will be based on your earnings immediately prior to being called up.

You are entitled to normal scheme benefits throughout the period you are called up but you will not covered by the NHS Injury Benefits Scheme.
armed reservist, MOD
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?