Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I request a membership statement and how long will this take?

If you are an active member of the Scheme (i.e. if you are currently paying contributions), you should request this from your current NHS employer.
If you are not currently an active member, or if you already in receipt of your NHS pension benefits, you should request this from NHS Pensions using the membership statement request form (SM27A). This can be found in the ‘Membership section’ of our website. We aim to provide you with a statement within 30 working days however this may take longer if we need to request further information from a previous NHS employer in order to produce the statement.
Please note: NHS Pensions do not routinely provide calculations of the length of any membership in the 2015 Scheme.
This is because the 2015 Scheme is a Career Average Revalued Earnings (CARE) scheme. Benefits are not based upon length of membership (as they are in the 1995/2008 Scheme) - they based on the pensionable pay earned in each year of 2015 Scheme membership, which is revalued annually by a set rate thereafter.
Where a membership statement is required, a summary of the dates of any 2015 Scheme membership will be provided.

membership, membership statement, service, service statement
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?