Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I cancel my Direct Debit (DD) if the Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC) is for someone else?

Yes, if you wish to cancel the DD, you need to contact your bank / building society.

We cannot do this for you unless we speak to both yourself and the PPC holder.

Once you've cancelled the DD and we're notified by your bank / building society, we'll send the PPC holder a letter explaining the DD has been cancelled and that we require payment of the balance owed on the PPC.
bank, building society, 3rd party, third party,