Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Can I get help towards the cost of visiting someone in prison?

Yes, you can use your NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate as a 'passport' to claim help with the cost of travelling to visit someone in prison.

If you have a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate and wish to visit someone in prison, you should contact the prison you're wanting to visit or the Assisted Prison Visits Unit (UNIT) to apply for this help. See the GOV.UK website for further information.