Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I've been sent an NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate in error?

If an NHS Tax Credit Exemption certificate has been received due to HMRC making an error with an assessment (you don't receive tax credits / don't meet the criteria for an exemption certificate), you will need to return the certificate to us.

If you are unsure of whether the certificate has been sent in error, please contact our helpline who can advise.


Telephone: 0300 330 1347 or 0191 279 0567

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?