Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document How do I apply for help with my health costs?

To apply for help with your health costs via the NHS Low Income Scheme, you need to complete, and send in, an HC1 application form; we cannot accept a faxed or emailed version.

All parts of the HC1 must be completed, unless instructions within the form tell you otherwise.

You may be eligible to apply online instead, however, you cannot apply over the telephone.


Help With Health Costs,
NHS Business Services Authority,
Bridge House,
152 Pilgrim Street,
Newcastle upon Tyne,

Northern Ireland

If you're currently living in Northern Ireland you need to contact your local Social Security office with regards to your HC1 application form.

If you're a student from Northern Ireland who's living in England, Wales or Scotland, you need to apply as above.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
make an application, which form is it, what form do i use, reapply, application form
See also...