Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Who must apply for an EHIC by post?

If your application meets one of the following criteria, the application must be done by post:
  • You are not a national of the UK, EEA or Switzerland and you are applying for the first time or renewing your EHIC
  • You have already moved abroad to work and remain UK employed or UK self employed
  • You are dependent on a citizen working in the UK and you live in another EEA country or Switzerland
  • If your application includes a child in your care and they are not a UK, EEA or Swiss national (for example, you are a school teacher or Local Authority representative)
  • You are a UK, EEA or Swiss national student who normally lives in the UK permanently but you are going to study in an EEA country.
post, EHIC, apply
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?