Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I work for a foreign employer in another EEA country or Switzerland and do not pay compulsory NI contributions to the UK, am I entitled to a EHIC?

If you go to work in another EEA country or Switzerland for a foreign employer, and stop paying compulsory National Insurance (NI) contributions in the UK, you would not be entitled to a UK issued EHIC. You must apply for cover in the country you are working in.

You must also return your UK issued EHIC to us if you have one, you can send this to:

EHIC Returns
PO BOX 854
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE99 2DE



Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?