Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I have British citizenship, how do I apply for an EHIC?

If you are not a UK, EEA or Swiss national, however you hold a British passport, you will have British citizenship (either have been naturalised or by descent) or be in another category of British nationality such as a British overseas territory citizen, or British protected person.

If you have British citizenship and you permanently reside in the UK, you can apply using one of the following methods:

You can apply by using one of the following methods:

  • Online
  • By telephone on 0300 330 1350 if you are calling from the UK.
  • By telephone on 0044 191 279 0575 if you are calling from outside of the UK.
  • By post. You can find the application form on the NHS website. The completed form should be returned to us at:

    EHIC applications,
    Bridge House,
    152 Pilgrim Street,
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,
    NE1 6SN

british, apply, citizenship, leave to remain 

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?