Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am a non UK, EEA or Swiss national, how do I apply for an EHIC?

If you do not have UK, EEA or Swiss nationality, you must apply for the EHIC by post. You will need to enclose evidence of your right to remain in the UK.

You can find the application form on the NHS website.

The evidence you can include is as follows:
  • A copy of your visa
  • Copy of residence permit
Once completed, please send your application to:

EHIC applications,
Bridge House,
152 Pilgrim Street,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,

apply, telephone, non EU

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?