Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am a UK, EEA or Swiss national, how do I apply for an EHIC?

To use one of the following methods to apply for the EHIC you must:
  • Be a UK, EEA or Swiss National
  • Permanently reside in the UK
You can apply by using one of the following methods:
  • Online
  • By telephone on 0300 330 1350 if you are calling from the UK.
  • By telephone on 0044 191 279 0575 if you are calling from outside of the UK.
  • By post. You can find the application form on the NHS website. The completed form should be returned to us at:

    EHIC applications,
    Bridge House,
    152 Pilgrim Street,
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,
    NE1 6SN