Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I have a valid UK-issued EHIC and have changed my address?

Moving house in the same country or moving back to the United Kingdom (UK) from another country

To notify us of your change of address please see our website. Whether or not you currently hold a valid EHIC, you would need to click on 'Apply for the EHIC' (even if it does not need renewing).

If you hold a valid EHIC, enter your details including your PIN number and previous address. Click ‘continue’ until you get to the ‘Application Summary Details’ page and you will then have the option to edit your details. Once the system locates your details it will realise you are an existing customer and you will then be able to amend your address on the system.

Alternatively, you can contact us at either:


Telephone (UK): 0300 330 1350

Telephone (Overseas): 0044 191 279 0575

Your address is not printed on your EHIC, therefore there is no need for us to issue you with a new card once you have advised us of your change of address.

Moving house from a country outside of the UK to another country outside of the UK

We are unable to change your address, please contact the relevant team on:

Telephone: 0044 191 218 1999 (option 1)

A new EHICE application form will be sent to you if appropriate.

Moving house from an address in the UK to one outside the UK

Your EHIC is no longer valid and you need to return this to us.



Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?