Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I have a valid EHIC and I have changed my name or it is spelt incorrectly, what should I do?

You can notify us of the correct spelling or your change of name by calling us. We do not require any evidence of your name change. To notify us, please contact us on:
  • 0300 330 1350 if you are calling from the UK.
  • 0044 191 279 0575 if you are calling from outside of the UK.
Or you can email us at:

Once we have amended your name, we will issue you with a new EHIC which will show the new details.

You must ensure that the name that appears on your EHIC matches your passport. Do not amend your EHIC until your passport has been amended.
changed name, spelt, incorrect name, incorrectly

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?