Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I have moved overseas from the UK; is my EHIC still valid?

No, if you are no longer living in the UK you should return your EHIC to us. The address to return the card is:

EHIC Returns
PO BOX 854
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE99 2DE

You may be entitled to apply for another UK-issued EHIC if you have a valid S1 registered in the country you move to. You will need to contact Overseas Healthcare Services (OHS) at the NHSBSA to apply for a new EHIC.

You can contact the OHS on:
  • 0191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling from the UK.
  • 0044 191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling form outside of the UK.


Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?