Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I am living overseas but work in the UK and pay compulsory UK National Insurance (NI), can I get an EHIC?

If you normally live in another EEA country but work and pay compulsory National Insurance contributions in the UK (for example, someone who flies into the UK on a Monday and flies home for the weekend) and you have a valid A1/S1 form, you may be entitled to a UK issued EHIC.
In order to get a new EHIC or renew an expired one you would need to contact:
  • 0191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling from the UK.
  • 0044 191 218 1999 (option 5) if you are calling from outside of the UK.
The telephone line is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
working, uk, england, scotland, wales, northern ireland, live abroad, living abroad, travel to, pay tax, taxes,  

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?