Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document I need treatment but don’t have my EHIC and it is outside of your opening hours, what should I do?

We are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday (UK time).

Please contact us as soon as our lines are open to arrange the issue of a Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC). You should advise the hospital or doctor of the situation. The hospital or doctor should be happy to wait until the office is open before considering payment.

Our contact number is:

Calling from the UK - 0191 218 1999 (option 2)

Calling from overseas - 0044 191 218 1999 (option 2)

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?