Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Am I entitled to a Tax Credit Exemption certificate for free NHS prescriptions?

To be entitled to a Tax Credit Exemption certificate, you and your partner (if applicable) must;
  • have a combined annual income for Tax Credit assessment purposes of £15,276 or less, and;
  • be in receipt of Child Tax Credit and/or receive a disability element of Working Tax Credit*
*Please note that receiving Working Tax Credit alone (no disability element included) does not entitle you to help with health costs, regardless of your annual income

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.

See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?