Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What should I do if I have received a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) for medication I received free as part of a medical study?

If you received the medication on this prescription for free as you were taking part in a medical study, you will need to send us evidence confirming you were entitled to claim that particular medication for free.

This could be a copy of the documentation you received when you began the study, as long as this contains a list of the required medication, or an official letter from the study provider or your GP confirming the situation.

Please send this to;

Prescription Exemption Checking Service
Bridge House
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
drugs trial, trial, trials, drug trials, drugs trials, drugs testing, medical trials, medical trials, clincial trials, clinical 

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?