Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What can I do if my benefit was under appeal at the time of my prescription?

If you were not in receipt of, or have not been awarded a backdated claim of, a qualifying benefit covering the time of your prescription, you will need to pay the charges shown on your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) unless you held any other valid exemption.
If you're subsequently awarded a backdated claim and the original PCN was issued in the last 6 months, then send in the evidence and we will close the case. If it is over 6 months you will remain liable for all charges.

Check what help you could get to pay for NHS costs
You can check what help you could get on our website.
benefit appeal, sanctioned, change in benefit, stopped
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?