Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document What evidence can I send to prove any absences from the UK or EU were temporary?

If you have had any temporary or occasional absences from the UK within the 3 years prior to the first day of your first academic year, evidence of this can be as follows:
  • evidence of temporary employment abroad, such as a contract of employment or letter from employer
  • evidence of gap year
  • evidence of continued links to the UK, such as proof of liability for UK tax, on-going mortgage payments or regular return visits to the UK
  • evidence of Armed Forces personnel on active service, such as payslips or a letter from employer
  • visitors visas
  • evidence of maintaining a UK home whilst abroad
The above examples can also be used to prove absences from the EU were temporary if your application is for tuition fees only

If you cannot obtain any of the evidence listed above, you should explain the reason why in a covering letter and send any other available evidence that you feel supports your claim to being temporarily absent. You should also include as much detail as possible within this covering letter to explain the reasons for this absence and your circumstances while in that country.

All evidence must be original; failure to provide any of the relevant evidence will result in the assessment of your application being delayed.

What do I need to send with my supporting evidence?

When sending any evidence, correspondence or paper applications you must include the following:
  • Student coversheet - You can print your student coversheet from the "Documents" section of your BOSS account. This contains your unique barcode reference which enables us to locate your BOSS record and link your documents to it.
  • Self-addressed pre-paid return envelope – This enables us to return your evidence to you. We recommend you pay Signed For or Special Delivery postage on this envelope so that you can track the return of your documents.
When posting anything to us, please also write your SBA reference number (you can obtain this from your student coversheet) in the first line of the postal address and your preferred return address on the back of the envelope that you are sending your documents in.

Failure to provide your student coversheet and self-addressed envelope (if you're posting evidence to us) will result in the processing of your application and the return of your documents being delayed. This could also possibly result in a delay to any payment of bursary due to you.
temporary absence, occasional absence, prove temporary absence, prove occasional absence, 
See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?