Item Welcome to the NHS Business Services Authority Knowledge Base, the place to ask us anything you need to know

Document Will I be classed as being ordinarily resident in the UK or EU if my absences were temporary?

In order to qualify for full funding from us you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years prior to the start of your course. If you have not been ordinarily resident in the UK, but have been ordinarily resident in the EU, you may qualify for a tuition fees only award.

If you have had an absence from the UK or EU during this period, such as a gap year or studies abroad, then you may still be eligible for funding if the absence is deemed temporary.

You must answer no in your application when asked if you have been ordinarily in the UK in those 3 years as part of the Personal Eligibility section and send evidence showing the absence was temporary.


See also...

Need more help?

If this doesn't answer your question please contact us directly or search again. Search Again

Does this answer your question?